It has been a very good season so far for Pleasant Garden Youth Basketball. There are only a few weeks left and then the big tournament at Southeast. We have seen many competitive games and some blowouts too. But win or lose always remember this is a recreation league and the main goals are to learn some basketball skills, learn what it means to be part of a TEAM and how to support one another, and above all have FUN!!!
THIS IS FOR THE KIDS! We adults are there in the bleachers to support our kids and the other kids. We have coaches spending valuable time from their lives with their own kids and your kids too, and in many cases coaches and league officials are there without any kids of their own. They are giving a gift of their time to the kids of this league.
Another important part of our program are our referees and scorekeepers. We take pride in having some of the best officials of any league in our region. Most of our refs are high school refs and some are also refereeing college games. Please remember these guys are people, just like you and I, who are working hard to call what they see within reason and make the games the best they can be. Please be thankful for our officials and the jobs they do. Please avoid yelling or arguing with the refs. That never does any good for anyone and sets a terrible example for our kids.
We thank you for being here at PGYBA and are very glad your kids are a part of our program. Now let’s finish this season off with a competitive spirit and great sportsmanship. The tournament, as always, promises to be filled with action again in 2017. See you all at the gym.
Practices for Wednesday, January 11 and Thursday, January 12 have been Canceled
Practices will resume on Friday, January 13.
Hopefully we will get to play Games on Thursday!
All Games Scheduled for Monday January 9 have been postponed.
Once Make Up Dates have been set yet they will be posted.
All Games for Saturday January 7th have been postponed.
Enjoy so extra free time on Saturday and stay Safe!
Updates will be posted when the games are rescheduled.
All Friday night practices for January 6th have been canceled.
The following Dress Code has been established for all players and all leagues of Pleasant Garden Youth Basketball Association
- No undershirts of any kind.
- Compression shorts may not extend below shorts.
- Socks to be either black or white (not black and white) and must match. No other color will be permitted on socks.
- Knee pads and braces are allowed but must be either black or white and must not extend below socks. If worn by teammates they must be same color and match. No undergarment shall extend below shorts.
- Ankle braces must match and be the same color as socks.
- Shorts cannot extend below top of socks.
- Arm and leg sleeves are not allowed. Sleeves with knee pads are not allowed.
- All braces and any other equipment not noted above will be per NCHSAA or the National Federation specifications or approved by PGYBA.
- Jewelry of any kind will not be allowed. Hair pins, hard plastic hair clasps or hair beads will not be allowed.
- Head bands if worn must be either black or white and if worn by teammates must match.
- It is recommended that all shorts be black.
Thank you all for your cooperation!
Click on this link for a PDF of the 2017 PGYBA Basketball Schedules
Final sign-ups and tryouts will be Monday night at 6:00 pm. Coaches should be there!
Peewee boys draft will begin Monday night at 8:00 pm. All PeeWee coaches must be there. ALL forms and rosters must be turned in Monday night. No exceptions!